Cost of Membership
Joining the Long Island City CSA costs less than purchasing groceries in a store. A sliding scale, based on your income level, determines the exact cost of membership. There is an additional discount for those who are on SNAP.
Payment is expected prior to the start of the season unless you are using food stamps. 10% minimum deposit required by March 31 to secure your share; Full payment due April 21.
The cost of membership is also scaled to your yearly income.
For a vegetable share:
- Above $50,000: Full Share = $605; Half Share = $325
- Between $50,000 and $35,000: Full Share = $570; Half Share = $305
- Between $35,000 and $25,000: Full Share = $480; Half Share = $255
- Below $25,000: Full Share = $375; Half Share = $205
- SNAP (Food Stamps) Benefit Payment Plan: Full Share = $170 ($6.95/wk) Half Share = $86 ($3.52/wk)
- A 10% nonrefundable deposit in check, cash or money order is required when purchasing your share with the SNAP (Food Stamps) Benefit Payment Plan option. The 10% deposit is subtracted from your total share amount and the remaining balance is paid at the weekly pickups during the season with your SNAP (Food Stamps) Benefits.
We also offer an optional fruit share, with the fruit share pick up starting the second week of the season.
- Above $50,000: Full Share = $235; Half Share = $120
- Between $50,000 and $35,000: Full Share = $220; Half Share = $110
- Between $35,000 and $25,000: Full Share = $185; Half Share = $95
- Below $25,000: Full Share = $140; Half Share = $75
- SNAP (Food Stamps) Benefit Payment Plan: Full Share = $65 ($3/wk); Half Share = $35 ($1.60/wk)
- Please see above for information on the required 10% deposit if using the SNAP (Food Stamps) benefit payment plan
To become a member, please complete the 2013 LIC CSA Membership Agreement form. If the season has not started, please mail it along with your payment to the address below:
50 Broad Street, Suite 1520
New York, NY 10004
Please make check/money order payable to NYCCAH.
If the season have started, please bring the completed agreement with your payment to the distribution site during our scheduled distributions.
Benefits of Membership
Health and Freshness: The vegetable shares are organically grown at the Farm at Miller’s Crossing in Hudson, NY and are almost always picked the same day that they are delivered to you. Shares vary depending on what is ripe that week so you are sure to receive the freshest vegetables available.
Affordability: The cost of becoming a member is much less than what you would spend at the grocery store. Meal for meal, membership is less than 10% the cost of fast food! We utilize a sliding scale, based on your income, to determine the exact cost of membership. We also accept food stamps.
Support for Local Farmers: Supporting local farms benefits the entire region by providing local jobs. We operate without a middle man which means that each dollar spent goes directly to the Farm at Miller’s Crossing and the people they employ. Joining the Long Island City CSA helps keep New York farming viable!
The Environment: The Farm at Miller’s Crossing grows their produce naturally, without the use of chemical herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers. This helps to protect the local water supply and preserve the soil for generations.
Community: In addition to fostering a healthy food community, CSAs provide an opportunity for neighbors to get to know each other better through events and activities. CSAs also propel other community projects and improvements!